Friday, May 15, 2020

COVID-19 World Series Part II - The ALCS

For Part I
The first baseball cards I ever purchased were the Topps 1975 cards, from Pat & Jim's on Delta Avenue in Gladstone. It's still my favorite card style - I'm not alone in that opinion.

That set, like many in the 1970's had summary cards of playoff and World Series games. So I started making those too.

Game 1 was a late victory for me with Dave Bergman hitting a pinch hit home run.

Game 2 A Joe Morgan homer was the difference.

Game 3 was another close battle, but my squad took a 3 games to 0 lead and Rollie Fingers picked up his 3rd save.





With their backs to the wall Fergie Jenkins went on 3 days rest and kept Paul's team alive.

Vida Blue pitched a gem in game 5 to close out the series.

Rollie Fingers and his 3 saves made him the MVP of the ALCS, other options were Dave Bergman and his 2 pinch hit homers, Manny Sanguillen or Hank Aaron pacing the offense. But in 5 close games, the bullpen made the real difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment