- All 11 conference champs make the 16 team field.
- The remaining at-large teams are selected based on CFRC ranking.
- Notre Dame (or any independent) makes the field if they have a CFRC ranking of 20 or better.
- No intra-conference match-ups in the opening round
- First two rounds are held at campus sites
- Only conference champs can host an opening round match-up
ACC - Va Tech
Big East - Pitt
Big Ten - OSU (in my world the tie breaker goes to the CFRC not the BCS)
Big Twelve - Nebraska
C-USA - UCF
MAC - NIU
Mountain West - TCU
Pac Ten - Oregon
SEC - Auburn
Sun Belt - Florida Int
WAC - Boise St
If that followed the 5 at-large teams would be:
The first 5 teams out would be Wisconsin, Missouri, Oklahoma, MSU and South Carolina
There are some likely gripes there - especially with 4 teams from the SEC making the tourney
The brackets would be:
16 Florida Int@ 1 Oregon
8 Ok State @ 9 Ohio St
11 Arkansas@ 4 Boise St
5 Stanford @ 13 Northern Illinois
15 Pittsburgh @ 2 TCU
7 Alabama @ 10 Nebraska
14 UCF @ 3 Auburn
6 LSU @ 12 Va Tech
Arkansas, Va Tech and UNI move around to avoid the LSU-Ark match-up and ensure home games only for the conference champs. In doing that Boise St goes from hosting UNI to hosting Arkansas.
This is probably about as messy as it has been in the 3 years I've been making this up. Hopefully the last 3 weeks clear things up a little better. If it ended up this way, it would be the first time I felt like deserving teams were being left out. I think part of that is because of the large number of 1 & 2 loss schools from the B-10, B-12, SEC.