Monday, July 25, 2011

July prediction for 2011 M football

As I did last year, I'll make my first prediction of M's for the upcoming season in July. I nailed it last year, correctly predicting a 7-5 record (switching the outcomes of Notre Dame and MSU). I was wrong in my prediction for both the Bowl M would play in and the result.
Overall July 2010 grade B+

Here we go:

WMU - Win
ND - Loss
EMU - Win
SDSU - Win
Minnesota - Win
@ Northwestern - Loss
@ MSU -Win
Purdue - win
@ Iowa - Loss
@ Illinois - Win
Nebraska - loss
OSU - Win

M finishes the regular season 8-4 - (5-3 in conference) tied for second in the Legends division. Ends up in another bad match-up in Florida in January against Georgia in the Outback Bowl - and loses, finishing 8-5.

80% confidence interval (regular season only) 7-9 wins
90% confidence interval 6-9 wins
100% confidence interval 5-9 wins

No comments:

Post a Comment