Friday, September 13, 2013

Home Winning Streaks

As you know from my weekly prediction picks I like to tie things to if I've attended the game or not. Brady Hoke has started his head coaching career at Michigan with 16 straight home wins. The last home game of Rich Rodriguez tenure was the drubbing against Wisconsin. This means my current streak of attended home wins stands at 16. This is tied for my second longest attended home win streak.

Michigan won the first 20 home games I attended. The streak ran from Homecoming 1976 until my first home loss - in 1986 to Minnesota.

The other 16 game streak went from the 2002 blowout of Bobby Williams' Spartans to the tipped pass/fumbled QB sneak loss to Notre Dame in 2005.

The only other double digit streak was 12 games from Tom Brady's 1999 squad drubbing Northwestern ending with John Navarre's horrible performance against OSU in 2001.

It is a little surprising that I have only seen 4 streaks of 10+ consecutive wins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment