Monday, October 19, 2020

Game Week - Minnesota Countdown - #5

I'll try to count down the top 5 games I've attended against each opponent this season. 

We start today with the opener against Minnesota - and an opener for me. The first Michigan game I attended in person, October 30,1976 - homecoming.

I'll be completely honest, I don't remember too much of the actual game play. 

I have myself convinced I remember walking through the tunnel to the seats for the first time. And thinking that 20 Gladstones could sit inside the stadium.

I remember it rained and we were not fully prepared for the weather. We got tickets through a family friend who worked in the athletic department and we were in Row A - right behind the bench. This was before the field was lowered and it was basically impossible for a 9 year old to see over the players. 

As the crowd thinned out due to the weather and the score, we moved back and could better see the action.

MEEchigan 45 - Minnesota 0

No comments:

Post a Comment