Sunday, January 17, 2010

Robinson Runs

As you probably know, if you've read MGoBlog or a number of other M related blogs, DRob won the 60m dash in a dual indoor meet against OSU yesterday. The Laceheads showed up in droves, creating a loud atmosphere, and MGoBlog had a horrible video showing the race.

My intention of this post was to criticize the laceheads for being laceheads and for only going to a track meet because of celebrity instead of actually caring about M track. And I was going to say something like "great win and all but that would only get you 14th place in the big ten meet" or something like that.

However, I looked it up and found that his time yesterday would have placed him 4th place in last year's Big Ten Indoor Championships. And that is the first time he's run that distance. Wow.

He is fast. If he could run the offense, he could truly be a great football player. I'm ordering my t-shirt.

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised that you've fallen into the web of "DRob is fast, water is wet," meme. I think I read his time was 0.04 seconds off NCAA qualifying.
    I'll try not to follow his track exploits until he qualifies. How did Woolfolk do? Wasn't he running as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see Woolfolk's name. He could have been in one of the relays. M really didn't do very well in the meet. From what I could tell, in the short history of the recent version of this meet with OSU, it was probably the worst loss (and best win) either team has had.

    ReplyDelete