Sunday, March 7, 2010

WB New Coach Ron Bellamy, Hillman and Elvis

I think MGoBlog linked an interview with Ron Bellamy, who was hired as football coach at West Bloomfield High. I didn't check his link, but I did read an interview in The Spinal Column, a weekly lakes area paper. I'm assuming it is the same interview as was linked.

A few tidbits:
-Zia Combs is the DB coach
-Bellamy's father-in-law if Dexter Bussey

If my memory serves me, WB football is not very good. They are only 2 miles up the road from Orchard Lake St. Mary, who is good every year (but whose basketball team only one 5 games this year), so they will really have to improve to get the neighborhood support (by neighborhood, I mean people like me who have an even worse high school team to normally cheer for).

Speaking of high school B-Ball, Hillman finished the regular season 17-1. The JV team went undefeated. The best player on the Varsity is the son of one of my classmates/teammates. Their only loss was at Hale (16-2). Hillman beat them a week ago Friday at home. Unfortunately, Hale and Hillman are in the same district (to be played at Hale) so one of the two best Class D teams in Northeastern Michigan will be out early. I think the first they can meet is the district finals on Friday. I think the winner of that game will likely win regionals, which Hillman has never done (at least I know they haven't since at least the late 70s). I went to a game a couple weeks ago and the way they played didn't resemble the game I played in high school at all. Much faster, better shooting, quicker passes, etc.

The local HS, Waterford Mott, is normally not good in any sports, but both girls and boys basketball teams are doing well. The boys should be competing for a regional. The girls just one districts.

Speaking of districts, have you ever noticed that most Elvis impersonators are middle aged and overweight? Clearly they are impersonating the later Elvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment