Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar predictions

Here are my official Oscar predictions.

Best Picture - I've seen: Avatar, Hurt Locker, Inglorious Basterds and Up in the Air. I thought they were all very good, the "smart money" seems to be on either Avatar or Hurt Locker. I'll go for the small movie upset - Hurt Locker

Best Actor - I've only seen Hurt Locker, and Jeremy Renner was very good, but every other award has gone to Jeff Bridges this year, so I'll pick him.

Best Actress - Of these performances, I've only seen Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia. Again, the general consensus seems to bee Streep or Sandra Bullock for the Blind Side. I'll pick Sandra Bullock.

Supporting Actor - Have only seen Christoph Waltz from Inglorious Basterds. He was great, he's my pick.

Supporting Actress - From Up in the Air, I thought both Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick were great. Mo'Nique has won everything so far, so I'll go with her. She must have been impressive to be better than either of the women from Up in the Air!

Best Director - I'll go with the same vote as best picture - Kathryn Bigelow. Hollywood likes an upset of the little movie over the Giant.

On the writing, I'll go with Tarantino for Inglorious Basterds for original screenplay and The gang from Up in the Air for adapted screenplay.

Avatar will sweep the technical awards, Up for best animated picture

No comments:

Post a Comment