Here's my take on what Brandon has told us of the process:
- He really didn't know if he was going to fire Rodriguez - even after the Gator Bowl fiasco.
- He hadn't had any serious talks with Jim Harbaugh prior to RR's firing
- He only offered the job to Brady Hoke
- This was never a national coaching search (I think the serious candidates were Harbaugh, Hoke & Miles)
- It was completely limited to Michigan Men (as above)
- Michigan was looking at cost or at least "value" when making the decision (Hoke is a lot cheaper than either Miles or Harbaugh would have been)
The most important aspect of the whole thing is none of this is Hoke's fault. As with every Michigan coach, I want him to succeed. He said the right things at the press conference. To my surprise he seems to have the majority of the "Michigan Family" united. Outside of the blog world, there hasn't been much negativity.
I guess we'll find out in 316 days when the regular season comes to the end.