Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BCS and whiney hockey fans

I don't think congress will ultimately be able to do anything - but if they continue to "pressure" the system - it could speed the process to a playoff - I would guess it will still start to small, with just an "and-one" system that really doesn't solve the issue.

If the NCAA realized how much money they're giving away by letting bowl sites own the college football post season they'd change the system pretty quickly.

I had no intention of staying up to watch the wings last night, but I ended up awake til the end (it didn't hurt that the 2000 UM-Northwestern game was on the BTN). I see how fans/players/coaches can be disappointed that the ref blew the whistle - but I think that situation - where a ref stops play because he loses sight of the puck - but it is actually still loose - happens probably 2-5 times a night during the regular season (counting all games being played). In this case the Wings put the loose puck in and probably did it before the whistle blew.

I don't think there is much of a judgement for the ref here. he saw it go under the goalie, he didn't see it come out anywhere - "I'm going to stop play" he and the wings were just unlucky.

By the way if "The A-Train" takes a knee after he breaks through the line of scrimmage M wins 51-46.

No comments:

Post a Comment