Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sanford and Son

I didn't know he kept talking about it. When I heard that his wife asked him not to go to Argetina before his trip when he got caught, I was flabbergasted. I thought the entire idea of an affair was to have sex or to have companionship you don't get at home. It certainly isn't worth going to Argentina and ruining your career for sex, so he must have 'really liked' (in the 3rd grade way of 'really liking') her. Then, really, just get a divorce!!! Sure, the career could take a hit there, too, but does he really feel he is so powerful and above scrutiny that this wouldn't come back at him. I don't understand.



As for it being in the news, I don't care. I don't pay attention.



As for Michael, he may have been a freak, and whether you liked him or hated him, he was the biggest part of our the popular culture of our generation. I don't know if it makes me feel old, and I am not really mourning, but it definitely hit me in some way. I think it is just knowing that the things that were so commonly part of my HS/College years are truly disappearing. Not that there aren't good things about that, too.



We're heading up north, Me, My Wife and My Son (thus the Title) for the 4th and all of next week.



I watched some CFL last night. It is football (kindof) and I miss football, so I watched it. The plays they run are very spread option-esque, which makes sense because spreading out is easier to do on the large field. I think RR needs to get some pointers from the CFL coaches. Of course, that would probably result in a lot of illegal motion and too many players on the field penalties. HAHAHAHAHA. Never a dull moment.



But, seriously (kindof), there are two M players in the CFL. Kashama plays for Calgary and some OL named Wilson plays for Montreal. Those are my favorite two teams at this time. They played last night (I didn't catch any of that game) and Montreal won.



jiM out

No comments:

Post a Comment