Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NCAA and Michigan

I don't have nearly the strong opinions about whether the NCAA report was "devastating" or "not a big deal", but I have a few thoughts:
1) The U (Brandon, Coleman, Rodriguez) is clearly trying to downplay things, and it seems a bit disingenuous. We'll see if I'm reading that wrong.
2) Clearly, RR and his staff did things that were wrong, and the Freep was right.
3) Regardless of when RR leaves (which will likely be before the 6 years of my original prediction) the consensus will be that his hire/tenure has been a mistake. We'll see how long it will take until that time comes.
4) Brandon's comments during his first interviews after he was announced AD that everybody has to be on the same team and we don't need a splintered Athletic Department/Michigan Family, etc. was just made even less likely after the announcement today.

1 comment:

  1. #1 - I agree, Brandon made everything seem like it was not a big deal - or at least all anticipated.
    #2 - They definitely did something wrong. I do think that the majority of the wrongdoings were errors in not knowing the rules. I'm not sure this is less troublesome than downright cheating.
    #3 - I'd still take a firing of RR and hiring of Harbaugh right now.
    #4 - Get ready for 7 months of I told you so vs. Wait for the August results it's not over yet.

    ReplyDelete