Thursday, February 4, 2010

"troubled" recruit

I blame mgobrian for my following of any sort of recruiting. I used to pride myself on knowing none of the players until they showed up on the first Saturday in September.

There seems to be quite a ruckus about last signee Demar Dorsey and his "criminal" past. On the "Michigan can do no right" side, you've got Drew Sharp and other "journalists" who can't understand why M would take a chance on someone with such a questionable past.

On the other side is the "doesn't everyone deserve a 2nd chance" mgodittoheads. To them anything outside of a blog is questionable and is obviously anti-Michigan biased!

Can't the truth be somewhere in between. Would you feel more comfortable if MSU had signed someone with two felony arrests on their record than Michigan? I would. At the same time, he was acquitted and had charges dropped. Dorsey said himself he thinks getting away from his home in Florida would be good for him.

At this point, I'll put my trust in the M coaches and hope that Dorsey really has learned from his past. This signing certainly will increase the pressure from some of the anti-RR crowd. I wonder if Harbaugh will be able to keep Dorsey when he takes over...

1 comment:

  1. When I first heard how RR responded during the press conference about this issue, I was a little concerned. Then I realized that I have no idea what he could have said that would have satisfied the media.

    Do I wish M didn't have to get kids like this? Of course. But, let's see what happens. If he stays out of trouble for 4 years, we'll know it was a good decision. If he doesn't, then RR will have to answer to it (wherever he is)

    ReplyDelete