Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sports Illustrated

I've decided not to renew my subscription to SI. I've had it since coming down for school in 1985. I have all but 2-3 editions in the basement. I missed a couple during summer moves in college.

I don't see too much need for weekly/monthly magazines anymore. What really irks me is the Internet edition is available for free about 3-4 days before I get my copy at home. Why should I pay for a magazine when I can view it earlier for free. I visit the blogs and websites that interest me outside of SI and don't have to page through the "Golf Extra" section that they think is so important.

SI had a chance to buy ESPN at the start, but decided they were above this little cable station - I don't think that worked out too well for them.

However if Matthew wants some magazines to make sports collages out of, send him over.

No comments:

Post a Comment