Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ESPN radio and Michigan's "troubles"

Colin Blowhard has apparently been told of the Feagin situation. He went on a 5 minute rant about M needed to get things figured out, softening it with, "I think they will."
Other examples he added were the recent article about walk-ons looking to help the program (I didn't read it - because I don't believe the premise of walk-ons getting much/any playing time - I'm talking to you REYES!)
Then a caller added how MSU "dominated" Michigan in in-state recruiting this year. I'm not a recruitnik but I know M cannot return to prominence by recruiting mostly players form Michigan. They've always lost some recruiting battles to MSU - my mom always said it was because those kids couldn't get in, I'll choose to believe it - and they'll continue to do that. If they can win a few Ohio kids from OSU and a few PA kids from PSU and a few FL, TX and CA kids I think they're better off. Even so, from what little I do follow, you could make a case that M has verbals from the top QB, RB and WR in Michigan for next year.
This is what bothers me about what has happened lately. The national media only reads the headlines or the juicy stuff. Anything that has a hint of negativity is picked up nationally and piled on.
There are things that have happened on RRs watch that I am not too happy with. But I don't think he's moving in the wrong direction. I think improved QB play would have made a .500 or better season last year. If either of the freshman can play as they're touted this year or more likely next year this program could be going places...

No comments:

Post a Comment