Sunday, August 30, 2009

Scandal

A few things I was thinking:

1) I hate this has been brought up and will be in the news when games should be in the news.

2) How did this come up? Was the Freep trying to find something, or are players that disgruntled? What players would tell the media without it being sought out? If the players truly care enough to tell the press, why aren't they telling the NCAA instead? I'm suspicious about the validity in that regard.

3) Assuming the accusations are valid, why did it happen? Did RR do this at WVU and the players, for whatever reason, didn't tell anyone because they were either (1) too enraptured/scared to go against RR or (2) Lloyd recruits are more likely to tell because they are either lazy or honest. If RR didn't do it at WVU, then why do it now. Does he feel that much more pressure at M?

4) Until I hear that the NCAA is investigating, I don't think there is anything to be concerned about. And even after they are investigating, I'm not convinced they are going to find anything. How do you prove that a coach demands you to be at a voluntary practices unless there is proof of the coach saying such a thing. Perception of what is expected is in the eye of the beholder. Now, if someone on the staff actually outwardly told players to be places at certain times, then ouch.

5) The 'every school does it' argument is going to drive me crazy. If I hear that from any official person, then RR and the entire staff needs to be fired. Of course, only stupid fans say things that stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment