Friday, November 6, 2009

Mike's playoff, played off

I took your tourney field (I didn't have enough time to figure my own) and used a system where I took the teams games as typical games, randomly chose which one of those would be represented in a game in the playoffs, compared a random game for the other team and came up with the results (recent games are more weighted). I haven't figured out a good way to do points, so I just picked winners:

First Round
1 FL over 16 Troy
8 Ore over 9 LSU
5 Cin over 12 USC
13 Pit over 4 IA
3 ALA over 14 Hous
6 TCU over 11 PSU
7 Boise St over 10 Ga Tech
2 Tx over 15 CMU

Second Round
Fl over ORe. The home field was the difference here.
Cin over Pitt
ALA over TCU
Tx over Boise in a close one.

Third round
Cin over Fl. That even surprised me.
Ala over TX.

Final
Al over Cin

That is how it would play out (this time)

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping whatifsports.com would allow simulations using this years team, but they only have the 2008 rosters available.
    Glad to see you have now fully bought into my playoff system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. er. When I get a chance, I will put my playoff system up. Probably won't be for another week.

    ReplyDelete