Thursday, November 19, 2009

Very Early Prediction for 2010

During the last offseason, I used the CFRC to predict M's season. If you recall, made the assumption that, best case scenario, M would improve by 40 CFRC positions (1/3 of Div I-A). With that, I came up with a prediction of either 6-6 and a bowl loss or 5-7.

I know the season isn't over yet, but I decided to look forward to next season (for obvious reasons) and do it again.

M is currently #78. That means M improved 19 spots (not 40). I am still going to use 40 spots, because I want to be positive about next season. At # 38, here is what would happen (home field will be applied later.

Conn #52 Win

ND #39 Win

Mass Win

Bowling Grn #79 Win

IND #83 Win

MSU #51 Win

Iowa #14 Loss

PSU #16 Loss

ILL #86 Win

PU #74 Win

WIS #21 Loss

OSU #9 Loss

That's 8-4.

Accounting for home field

Conn #52 Win

at ND #39 That would be a loss

Mass Win

Bowling Grn #79 Win

at IND #83 Win

MSU #51 Win

Iowa #14 Loss

at PSU #16 Loss

ILL #86 Win

at PU #74 Win

WIS #21 This would be a win

at OSU #9 Loss

Again 8-4.

I will try to do this throughout the rest of the season and finally after the bowls are played. I expect M to drop a little after this weekend, then it will be interesting to see where everyone else moves. Wisconsin, with a good bowl victory could move high enough for me to take that home field win out. Other than that, I don't see any change in the predictions. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment