Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Practice Time Scandal

I'll start this by saying, I want Michigan to succeed, therefore I want RR to succeed. Part of the problem if I were to admit he's not likely to turn things around next year so maybe he should be fired now (not that I'm quite ready to say that) - is the havoc this would reap on the program. More kids leaving, another coaching search, players that might not fit the next guy's system, Michigan didn't give him time, etc...

As strange as it sounds, if the "practice scandal" is enough to get him fired, it would at least alleviate the "M didn't give him a chance" problem, and potentially keep some of the players in the program as well - they could also blame RR for their losses.

Obviously, if this were to occur, I'd somehow want the scandal to be enough to get him fired yet not enough to elicit any "real" punishment from the NCAA. What would I do to my database regarding forfeited wins? Also, we'd need to have a coach basically already signed. And I think that coach needs to be Jim Harbaugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment