Sunday, April 12, 2009

chop house, football

It sounds somewhat fun. I don't think, however, that I would have the in that you have. You were with former players. I would be just a fan, and I don't usually get into the fan worship thing. The talk about past M football would be fun, though.

I understand that there are many many people who know about football than I do who think the RR hire was good. I wouldn't argue with them. The thing is, though, he hasn't actually done anything showing that it was. I'm giving him time. I don't think this year is make or break by any means. I just want progress, and based on the spring game, I expect a better season. Watching footage of last years spring scrimmage was painful. This year's wasn't. That's progress.

I listened to some of Sam Webb and Michael Taylor this morning (no, i didn't call in and challenge on his age). One thing that was brought up was that they have lost a number of players that weren't buying into the system. I understand that to a point, but didn't we hear the same thing between the time RR was hired and last fall? Just how many people do you need to get rid of to make the team better? I'm suspicious when I hear things like that. Almost like they are trying to justify last year's record.

No comments:

Post a Comment