Sunday, April 12, 2009

spring game

Wow, you last entry was very blog-like

I watched the game online. I believe it was the video feed from the megatron (do they still call them that?). The audio was from TKA. I didn't watch every play, and I could only see what was on the screen, but WTKA had some good in-booth people (Minnery, Hanlon, etc), as well as the occasional on-field interview with Michael Taylor (age 47), Mike Hart, etc. I didn't listen to any pre or post game so I don't know how that went.

Forcier has skill, which I expected, but he made a few boffo mistakes. He seems to be smart and barring injuries, should be very very good in a couple years.

The O, in general, looked good. I was impressed with the running game, usually. I think all of the backs looked good. Looking forward to seeing healthy, happy Carlos Brown, along with Minor. Could be a good backfield.

There are 27 WRs, and they are all OK. I really don't like the WR corp. Hopefully, Rodrig's offense will make them look better than I think they are.

Defensively, it was disappointing that the 1st D didn't dominate the second O. It could be a long season in that area. I expect improvement, but I have a feeling there will a call for a new DC after the season by many people.

I was suprised at how realistic most of the broadcasters were when discussing the possible record. The only times I heard 8-4 was when it was followed by the words "easy schedule". Otherwise, it was below that. The most (over)confident were the former players. I think it just hurts them to predict 6-6 for their old program.

I really think some blogger who has time for it should make a big deal out of the Michael Taylor age thing and pursue/investigate it through whatever means they have. I did send an email to WTKA just to see if they (or he) would respond. I doubt if they will. If it was someone that I didn't think was an idiot, I probably wouldn't care. But, because I think most of what he says is stupid, I want to call him out on it. Next time he is on the air, you need to call in.

No comments:

Post a Comment