Sunday, September 13, 2009

about jIM's long post

As you said, I think it shows M has likely has the potential to be in every game. Checking back on my July prediction I had M 1-1 at this point and still predicted 7 regular season wins.
The most disconcerting part of the game yesterday for me would be the near domination by the ND OLine. M did occasionally get some pressure, but ND was able to run with relative ease. I wouldn't have considered ND a great rushing team, but this could point to problems M might have going forward, especially with straight ahead running teams like MSU, Iowa, PSU and OSU...

That inability to consistently stop the run is why I would disagree with Weis the most. ND had great success rushing. Their back averaged nearly 7 yards a carry. So he was stopped on first down, he had just gotten 11 yards the carry before. Of course I also predicted M wouldn't get the ball back after that punt (probably because I expected them to run for first downs). And I also thought Minor was underutilized by M.

Another thing to consider on the Tate future is how much everyone thinks Devin Gardiner is better. Movalson was out at the elite 11 camp and he was very impressed. I don't know what this means for next season or beyond. Recruitniks might think yesterday's game would point to Gardiner going somewhere else. If Tate plays like he did yesterday, I'll take my chances.

I watched the press conferences on Mgoblue.com I really liked the Mathews quote about not really knowing what to do after scoring and getting reminded by the official "Be Smart".

Information on the tours of the premium seating Here

One thing I like about the Mike Kenn statement is maybe it will get him more respect from the M community. This guy was an amazing player here and he always gets passed over on all-time lists by people like Skrepanek. I could understand Jansen, Long and of course Dierdorf, but that is it no one else compares.

I don't think an objective observer could have watched the USC-OSU game and say it is another example of OSU failing in the big game. Yes they made mistakes, but so did USC. They fought them to the end. I don't know if anyone will be closer to beating the Trojans this year. And I doubt anyone else will keep them to 18 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment