Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Band response

I thought the same thing about the all brass band. The band as it is made up is very much of the Sousa march style band, including the piccolos . Can you imagine Stars and Stripes forever without those little things? I don't really know what the purpose of the saxophones are, though (and I was one).

As far as the loudness of the band, I don't know if it is true, but in all the different places I've sat during games and all the different places the band has been, I have never had nearly the trouble hearing them than I do now. Of course, I'm now deaf in one ear. I don't know if that matters, but I noticed last year or the year before that I don't even notice there is a band sometimes.

During halftime, though, I also can't hear the band. That could be them just not facing our side (they never do anymore). But it seems like we should still be able to hear them. The other problem might be that I don't know the songs anyhow so I can't attach myself to the melodies. I don't understand these kids and their pre-programmed disco.

No comments:

Post a Comment