Monday, September 14, 2009

A response to your response, and other stuff

Based on the AP Poll, M will finish 10-2



I agree about the rushing D. We expected ND to pass with somewhat ease, but the pressure on Clausen and the run D was not as we need it to be. There was a lot of talk after the game about how large their OL was. I'm hoping every large OL doesn't give us these problems. We are in the Big t1e1n, after all. Agree with what you said about Weiss

You said "Recruitniks might think yesterday's game would point to Gardiner going somewhere else. If Tate plays like he did yesterday, I'll take my chances." I'm assuming you are saying M should take their chance at losing Gardner, not that Gardner should take his chance at M because he is likely to be the starter over Forcier.

As far as the general comment that Gardner is great, I'm sure he is good enough. I watched some video of him and he looked athletic. Not extremely fast, not a great passer. I do like the idea of having more than one starting capable QB on the team. We only have one right now, though I think D-Rob is probably pretty close. Last year we had zero.

I also liked that quote about the official's comments to Mathews.

Should we try to tour the premium seats?

I don't really care if Mike Kenn is underrated (though I agree Skrep is overrated), he still makes comments I think are stupid.

OSU played a pretty good game. I can't help but wonder why Pryor isn't asked to use his feet more. That was a fun game to watch. I didn't get to watch all that much because I was still in AA about 45 minutes after I left your house. Darn construction.

The Purdue-Oregon game was fun, too. PU couldn't get the 2 point conversion to tie it. They should have asked CMU's kicker to come out for the onside.

When watching the replay of the end of ND game, the play prior to the TD was really an amazing play by Forcier. His scrambling was beautiful. With all of his highlights he had, if the TD would have been successful there, he would have had that play on the air hundreds of times all weekend (and forever in history). Instead, there is just a boring play that will go into history.

On your list of last second games, what is your definition of last second games. And did you include missed FGs at the end (have you seen any of those?)?

I still don't know who is better, ND or M. Some people are very convinced M is, but I'm still not sure.

I was watching the game on ESPN360 and on that TD that was reviewed and called back because the ND receiver went out of bounds, I am not convinced it was a good call. The one angle looks somewhat clear he was not out. The other angle was not as clear. I don't know what technology they have to see it and overturn it, but from what was on the TV, it wasn't all that clear. I like Big T1e1n officials.

They are saying that the USC band played the Victors after the OSU game. Somebody said they could hear it on ESPN during the postgame. I don't really believe it. I will need proof.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Forcier and Gardiner - I meant I'd be willing to be "stuck" with Forcier alone for 4 years.

    Re: tours - I'd like to, but I think the times don't work very well - Friday's don't work and isn't just early games left? Not enough time?

    Re: last seconds games - I tried to include missed FG as well. I didn't include missed last second bombs (i.e. reverse Kordell Stewart).

    I'd be shocked if USC played the Victors - but that would be pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete