Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NCAA music rules

I tried to find the NCAA rules regarding amplifying the band and came up with little. I found that it appears to be OK to mike the band when they are on the field. That probably doesn't tell us much.

I found that the SEC has a rule that doesn't allow any electric amplified music during anytime other than timeouts and halftime. Therefore, they can't play speakered music between plays.

For basketball games, the amplification of the PEP band has to be toward the stands and not the floor.

So, without any hard facts, I have to think they aren't lying. However, if I were to guess, and someone were to actually figure out where the rule could be (there are a lot of NCAA rule books, but I found little regulating bands, cheerleaders, venues, etc.), I would bet the rule is actually a conference rule. It just seems like the kind of thing conferences care about more than the NCAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment