Sunday, September 13, 2009

About Tate, Big Ten and more

I really don't know what yesterday's game means regarding the rest of the season. It is clear M is much better than last year, but do we really know how much better after these two games? I don't. After last week's win, I was convinced M could compete in every game. I now think M can win every game. Of course, with all of the toss-up games, M could also lose 5-7 games (especially if there are injuries). At the beginning of the season I predicted 6-6 regular season. After WMU, I wasn't willing to change that prediction. I'm still cautious, but I am now thinking M will get at least 7 wins, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't 8. I hope I don't change my mind after the EMU and Indiana games.

As you probably agree, MSU and OSU losing is NOT good for M. I won't get into it other than to point out the words: REPUTATION; STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE; BCS; RECRUITING

Though it is hard not to jump on the bandwagon deifying Tate Forcier, I choose to remain a little more cautious. With that said, I can't help but think that, assuming M makes a bowl game this year, and barring injuries, we get to watch that kid play for Michigan fifty (50) more games. That pleases me.

And as far as Robinson goes, once he is capable of running a good spread option, he could be extremely dangerous. Again, 50 more games.

Minor is clearly the best back M has. Even with the depth, there is a big drop to (perfectly capable) Carlos Brown. Minor has a way of having an explosiveness that isn't exactly fast, but it is strong. He seems to have good field vision, too. Hopefully he can stay healthy for when the many tossup games come along.

I guess I buy Weiss' explanation of why he passed on that second to last drive. He was running the plays that had worked for him, and he was trying to win the game. I get that. If he had succeeded in getting one first down, he would have won. Of course, he didn't and he didn't. And that pleases me.

I really don't like the new MGOBLUE.com website. It is cumbersome. And now M is just like everyone else using CBS Sports All Access for the video. I've tried looking for things with All Access sites for other schools in the past and almost always have difficulty.

I heard Jamie Morris telling us that you can sign up for tours of the new suites on Fridays and Saturdays before games. I think the idea is for potential buyers, but he said the signup is online, so they have to know casual fans will sign up, too. i hvae looked in both the MGOBLUE and the Michiganstadiumproject.com (or whatever it is) and couldn't find anything. Do you know anything about this?

Without a doubt winning makes everone more supportive of RR and where the program is going. But, I must caution that there is a still a possibility (though I still think is it is slight) that M could lose schollies or have some other punishment due to actions of RR's staff. If this happens, I'm curious what support RR will have. Will Mike Kenn and Ricky Leach get on the air and say that cheating is the Michigan way? Let's hope we don't find out. The day after a great victory of ND, I'm not sure what I would do.

After the Spring game you mentioned that Forcier looked confident and you thought the mistakes he would make would be because he thought he could do more than he really could. I'm not going to say he didn't have those kind of mistakes the first two weeks, but he hasn't had many. And in the last drive, that was his opportunity to force something. And he didn't. Fifty (50) more games.

No comments:

Post a Comment