Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ira Weintraub is a horrible homer

I never really thought much of Andy Evans on WTKA, but his replacement, Ira Weintraub, is awful. He's on right now with BrianGoBlog talking about Mouton's punch. He's salivating as they're reviewing ND players who have done things and not been suspended in the past.

Regarding Mouton: It looks like a punch to me - I think he needs some type of punishment - and if you can't suspend someone for all/part of the EMU game, when can you?

It does not look good with everything else that has happened. The wins were putting the "scandals" in the background, this is an opportunity to shine. I know LC didn't suspend Mathews after he kicked the Oregon player. I know Butler was punished after his punch @ ND last year. If for nothing other than public relations - Mouton needs to get some sort of punishment. Even handling by saying "it is an internal matter..." is much better than "I didn't see any punch"

Ira and Sam Webb were arguing that since the coaches watch their own film, RR may not have seen the punch. Fine, but he has to know about it now. time to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment