Tuesday, September 8, 2009

PA music, MMB

Their responses were pretty good. I can't imagine they did that with everyone. You are very important.

As far as the music itself, I don't really mind it if it does one of two things:
1) Gets the crowd involved. Playing a song that has fan participation is OK. It is actually quite entertaining.
2) Gets the crowd pumped up. I think the piped in music did that in pregame. Not so much during the game.

Overall, though, I am probably in the minority in that I would rather hear the visiting band than piped in music. This piped in music thing is OK, I guess, but it isn't necessary. I think the atmosphere would have been more upbeat this week even if the PA was not working, the Marching Band wasn't there because they all got honenone (H1N1) flu and the cheerleaders all broke their legs. Having the entire country against you, and then having a good product on the field will do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment