Sunday, October 11, 2009

Iowa Thoughts

The main concern about DRob going in when he did was WHY was he going in? I was surprised at how much RR yelled at Tate, and it almost seemed like he benched him because he was mad at him. I've never really thought RR was like that, and I hope he isn't. But if he isn't, then the question is why he didn't put Tate back in for that second drive. With such little time left, it was clear we needed someone who could successfully throw downfield. I don't know the complete stats, but I know DRob now has 3 interceptions on throws downfield. I really liked the way he handled his drive. Running for 5, making the short pass for the first down. He did a very good job. His last play wasn't a run, nor a short pass.

The game was disaapointing, and at the same time it was encouraging. You really have to believe M can play with anyone in the Big Ten now. Of course, with the number of mistakes not decreasing each game, you could probably be concerned M could lose to anyone in the Big Ten. I'm going to think of the positive on this one.

Woolfolk seemed to be good. Williams made a bad decision and isn't good enough to recover. Warren made a couple very good plays. I'm glad he is playing for M.

Other than Zoltan's punts, the special teams were terrible. Bad KOR, bad KO coverage, bad punt coverage, and a dropped punt return. I guess the PAT team was good.

I expect to hear about the youth of the team making mistakes, etc. Of course, the muffed punt and probably the most costly of the fumbles were by seniors. If the muffed punt hadn't taken place, than a senior ruffed the kicker anyhow.

The D really did a good job most of the time.

It sounded like there were almost no Michigan fans at the game.

Kinnick Stadium the best stadium in the Big Ten? They've clearly never been to Northwestern.

No comments:

Post a Comment