Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ryan Ermanni on WDFN

As I have stated before, a sports radio host using "verse" when they mean "versus" is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. Today WDFN mid-day host Ryan Ermanni was the culprit.

I sent him the following e-mail:




From: Mike Altese
To: ryane@clearchannel.com
Sent: Wed, October 28, 2009 10:53:19 AM
Subject: versus is not the plural of verse


C'mon Ryan, you work in sports for a living. When two teams play each other, please say "versus" not "verse". It is a real pet peeve of mine. I can't believe how many sports radio personalities make this mistake.

He read my e-mail on the air and said something along the lines of "Get a life, I'll say a lot worse things this is no big deal."

So I replied with:


From: Mike Altese
To: ryane@clearchannel.com
Sent: Wed, October 28, 2009 11:08:35 AM
Subject: Re: versus is not the plural of verse


thanks, you're right - radio off, now. Life gotten...

So I guess I'll either be listening to podcasts, Colin Blowhard or trying to listen to the ticket on the internet.
Edit - just got a response from my first e-mail - maybe I'll give him another chance...

sorry mike, when your talking for two straight hours there are a lot of mistakes that i make... if that's the worst one i had a good day


Ryan Ermanni
Host: Ermanni Middays
27675 Halsted
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
ryanermanni@clearchannel.com


Since I'm talking about sports radio, Stoney will be guest hosting for Sam Webb on WTKA the next two mornings, I wonder what that will be like without Wojo to offset some of his Stoneyisms...

No comments:

Post a Comment