Saturday, October 3, 2009

M v MSU thoughts

I thought MSU was the better team for 3.5 quarters, but I don't think they dominated. Maybe they shot themselves in the foot too often, but they got breaks from M as well.

Would you like to have the fake punt back? Just go for it or at least call it off when you see they seem to have it snuffed out. Then they don't go for it on 4th and 1 at the 35 on the next drive.

I know they want to give Denard playing time. But that series early in the 4th quarter smelled of fail at the time. And given what Tate did the rest of the game, I would like to have that series back too.

That 10 minute drive in the 1st quarter was ridiculous. Three 15 yard penalties and they still march down the field and score. M never seemed to adjust to the bubble/fake bubble sweep the other way. One good thing is Graham finally got a sack - and caused a fumble on the play to boot. It is unfortunate he took himself out on the play Heininger got de-pantsed by Nichol (I think).

Iowa's score today seemed unimpressive - maybe that's some hope.

4 comments:

  1. If my math is corrent, before those final two drives of regulation, MSU led in total yards 345 to 118. THAT is domination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, M had 6 three and outs (or FG), one 5 and out and 1 two and fumble.

    That is being dominated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I can't look at 20-6 being dominated.

    Oregon dominated M, Tennessee dominated M in the Cap One Bowl after the 2001 season.

    How many 3 & outs would M have had without 3-4 drops?

    There was one run in the 3rd qtr where Minor whiffed on a block that would have lead to at least a 20 yard gain for Brown and if he can get 20 he might have gotten 80.

    MSU was the better team for 50 minutes, but not dominant, IMHE...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we'll just have to agree t....that I am right.

    HAHAHAHAH. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete