Sunday, October 11, 2009

thoughts on M @ iowa

So Iowa was pretty much what we expected - our predictions had them scoring 30 and 31 points. Michigan did better than we predicted 28 vs the 17 and 19 we predicted. I guess that is promising.

I thought Woolfolk looked like an improvement at corner over the previous options. The play of the safeties leaves a lot to be desired. How does Williams let someone get behind him on a third and 24? Kovacs looks great against the run (although he did have at least one costly missed tackle) he appears lost/very slow in coverage.

Offensively, you have to be pleased with Minor - except of course the very costly fumble.

This game was maybe more disappointing to me because I felt M was good enough to win for 60 minutes not 5-10 minutes like last week. They made too many mistakes.

I wasn't pleased with Denard coming in when he did but I can't argue with the results of his first drive. Not sure how a team supposedly as strong as Iowa defensively allows a qb who; let's be honest; does not have the pass portion of the offense in his grasp at this point, to march the team down the field as quickly as they did.

I guess I can see why RR sent him back out there, but I was hoping from Forcier. I thought 5 weeks of 4th quarter playmaking was worth giving him another chance over one drive from Denard. I was hoping Denard would prove me wrong, he didn't.

It looks like he panicked on that interception. He probably hasn't had enough game speed action to be fully prepared in that situation. I guess this week is a good chance to get him more snaps against Delaware St.

No comments:

Post a Comment