Friday, October 30, 2009

Stimpy



The best dog in the world is making her final trip to the vet today. Please try to put her in your thoughts later this afternoon.


Many people who aren't "dog people" have told us they'd get a dog if they knew she'd be like Stimpy. Unfortunately for them, but fortunately for us, this humane society special was one-of-a-kind.

When I met Stimpy she was still young enough to play and chase. She loved "Stimpy Runs the Bases Night" after our crappy softball games when she would chase me around the bases to help me shake off the funk of another double-header loss.


She wasn't sure what to think of Hobbes at first. I think she begrudgingly realized he was part of the family. They had their share of territorial battles of each others food dishes, but I think they ultimately got along pretty well. When Hobbes passed and we added Wendell to the family, she once again realized her status as the #1 child was being cut. Wendell is always looking for a bit of warmth and occasionally Stimpy was patient (or tired) enough to put up with him as the picture shows.


I don't know that we'll add another dog into our family. How could they live up to Stimpy, the perfect dog?

I'll miss you Stimpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment