Sunday, August 22, 2010

Countdown to kickoff day 13

November 20, 1999

Michigan 31 - Penn St 27

To me this is a classic Tom Brady game. M had to make a furious comeback late to win the game.

I had scalped PSU student section tickets. This was before Paternoville was a big deal, but you were still seated in order of entry. That meant I was in the second row, surrounded by Nittany Lion fans.

Brady and David Terrell were big in the comeback IIRC. PSU actually played LaVar Arrington on Terrell man-to-man late in the game. He was somewhat successful.

I remember Brady faking an injury so Henson could come in for a throw back to the QB play. I don't think it worked.

Seems like Brady lead two 4th quarter TD drives to put M back in front. IIRC one ended in a Brady QB sneak and the other a pass to Marcus Knight (I can't seem to get youtube to work out here).

No comments:

Post a Comment