Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wingless Helmets

Again, I don't want to be all "I hate everything RR does", but I don't like the idea of having M helmets with the wings. I get his point of requiring them to earn his wings, but I guess if they were recruitable, as players and as people, they deserve to wear wings. If they aren't worthy of going on the field, then bench them or kick them off the team.

For the first time ever, I read portions of the Bacon / Bo book. And the more I read, the more I though "RR doesn't do that". It makes me uncomfortable the more I see that RR's philosophy is different than Bo's. I should be 63, not 43.

2 comments:

  1. It's not that RRs philosophy is different than Bo's that makes it wrong. It's that it has been unsuccessful...
    I'm reading the Jon Falk book - there is actually a chapter (chapter are ridiculously short btw) titled "They come and they go Hobbs"
    I almost wish Falk waited a year and wrote this next year after RR is gone (I think chances are greater than 50-50 he will be - my season prediction not withstanding). I would like to see what he "really" thinks about the RR era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if RR had more success if I would like things like the full blue helmet. Or no captains (until this year). Or piped in music. Or not being able to bring in water. Or the very hot games in September.

    I'm looking forward to reading the Big Jon book. I'm sure I'm mentioned repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete